I usually don’t order soup but it was cold and the booth next to me had 2 bowls and it was looking pretty good so I decided to try it. I’ve never had tomato soup this good!
I decided to look up a recipe online and found one that was close and modified it a bit. Try it and let me know what you think.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 – (14-16 oz) cans Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 2 – (10-12 oz) cans condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 – 8 oz. package cream cheese
- 6 oz. pepper jack cheese, grated
- Tabasco or Red’s hot sauce
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in tomatoes, soup, milk, sugar, basil, paprika and garlic powder.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in cream cheese & pepper jack until melted. Add a few drops of hot pepper sauce to taste. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).